Ten Things You Should Know About Mold Remediation in Highland Gardens
SERVPRO Technicians Have Many Hours of Training in Dealing with Mold
While mold exists within our environment naturally, there are some things that you should know to assist in preventing the spread of mold throughout your property. Mold is not a problem until it begins to encroach on our living spaces and attempts to make an impact on our indoor air quality.
Our professional mold damage remediation services in Highland Gardens are only a phone call away. It would be an honor to have the opportunity to provide you with the proper information and services to handle your mold situation. Put our technicians to the test today; we are waiting for your call.
Our technicians at SERVPRO want to provide you with the proper information to assist you in handling this sort of situation. Let's begin by sharing ten things you should know about mold prevention and mediation:
1) Different types of Mold may cause health effects in certain individuals.
2) Regardless of what you have heard, there isn't any real way to totally eliminate mold from your property.
3) Respond to mold growth in your home immediately by having professionals clean the infected area and remove the source of moisture.
4) Maintain indoor humidity levels of 30% to 60% at all times to reduce the possibility of further mold growth.
5) Ensure proper drying of materials and furnishings within 48 hours of exposure to moisture to prevent an infestation from developing.
6) Have professional technicians clean and dry any moldy hard surfaces properly and remove any highly saturated absorbent materials from your property.
7) Add insulation to the proper areas to prevent perpetual moisture problems from occurring on cold surfaces such as windows, piping, exterior walls, roofs or flooring.
8) Do not add carpeting to rooms such as bathrooms or kitchens with constant water sources.
9) Mold spores can flourish anywhere that moisture is present.
10) Never attempt to tackle mold remediation yourself. You could end up causing more damage and prevent professional technicians from performing their jobs correctly.
As you can see, our SERVPRO technicians make various recommendations that you can implement to avoid mold growth on your property. However, we also want you to know that it is not something that you should attempt on your own. If you miss-handle the situation, you could end up with additional damages that you could have otherwise avoided.
SERVPRO teams are here to provide you with the services and personnel that you need to get the job done right the first time. Don't hesitate to give us a call and put our services to the test.
Contact our offices at SERVPRO of Montgomery today. (334) 273-0992