Keep Your Family Safe During a Fire with These Helpful Tips | SERVPRO® of Montgomery
SERVPRO of Montgomery is committed to keeping our community a very safe place to live, work and play. It is important to remember that smoke alarms save lives. If they are maintained and in good working order, they can play an integral role in saving the lives of your family members. Smoke alarms afford you the opportunity to leave your home quickly if a fire emergency occurs.
Here are some helpful tips to help keep you and your family safe if fire strikes.
- Have a fire evacuation plan for your family and practice it regularly, especially if you have small children or senior adults.
- Test your smoke alarms monthly. If they are older, replace them especially if they are 10 years or older. There have been so many advances that can help save lives.
- The alarms should be interconnected. If one alarm sounds, they all sound – alerting your family to potential dangers.
- When an alarm sounds, move quickly and safely outside your home. Treat every alarm as a serious matter.
- Keep doors closed. This can prevent smoke and fire from spreading quickly.
- In the event of a fire emergency call 911, immediately and stay outside.
Should there be an unfortunate fire disaster at your home, call us at SERVPRO of Montgomery at 334-245-1258. “We are faster to any disaster!”