If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (334) 273-0992

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Damage Cleanup for Your Highland Park Home

3/27/2017 (Permalink)

Water Leaks in Highland Park Cause Mold Infestations Which Are Remedied by SERVPRO

Rely on SERVPRO for Mold Remediation

Molds and mildew are fungi – microscopic organisms at first which grow anywhere the environment is moist. Molds are a needed segment of the environment because without them leaves would not break down as quickly and aspects of soil enrichment would not happen. However, it is their capability to destroy organic materials that make mold a problem for homeowners.

In its early stages, mold and mildew in your home in Highland Park can grow on ceiling tiles, wood products, wallpaper, cardboard, fabric, drywall, foods, plants, decaying leaves, insulation and other organic materials. Within just twenty-four to forty-eight hours, mold colonies can begin to grow on damp surfaces, creating mold damage in your home which needs to be addressed. Our professionally trained technicians at SERVPRO can clean up and remediate a fungi problem.
Molds eventually destroy the material they grow on, as they digest organic material, and then spread to adjacent organic materials, destroying them as well. Besides the damage molds cause to your home and possessions, they can also cause health effects.
If your home has suffered water damage because of a back-up of sewage from flooding in your area, a damp basement or crawl space, flooding, plumbing or roof leaks, overflows from a bathtub or sink, or high humidity from dryer vents, steam cooking, or humidifiers, mold can develop fast. This contaminated water is rich in nutrients. Even worse, it continues to grow until SERVPRO comes in and takes the proper steps to eliminate the source of the moisture which effectively deals with the problem of continued proliferation.
Before we begin any remediation, we ensure all safety and health precautions are taken. We make sure that our staff is covered in protective clothing to avoid exposure to toxic mold. It is important to control the mold before it spreads to areas in the home that are not yet contaminated. Mold is contained at its source, which is essential to preventing the problem from worsening. Once the mold spores circulate through the air, the difficulty of a successful remediation are increased.
SERVPRO IICRC certified techs ensure that the mold is physically removed from your property, as attempting to isolate the mold or remove signs of the mold on the surface is not adequate. Also, just using bleach does not kill mold, so do not attempt cleanup on your own. We have special cleansers, antifungal disinfectants, and tools which can clean the mold up properly.
You must control the moisture levels in your home, so any future contamination or recontamination is limited. It is virtually inevitable that mold will grow if you do not have the moisture controlled. Moisture problems must be identified, found, and corrected or controlled as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of Montgomery is skilled and trained to handle mold damage in your home. Therefore, do not hesitate to call us at (334) 273-0992 as soon as you suspect that you have mold growing in your home.

Other News

View Recent Posts