Five Categories of Fire Damage Restoration | SERVPRO® of Montgomery
Most Montgomery, AL house fires do not cause massive damage to the structure itself. Much of the time and money spent on restoration and remediation is to clean and preserve personal property.
Our overall goal is to restore the home and its contents to their pre-damaged state and prevent any secondary damage where possible. To accomplish this, SERVPRO® of Montgomery divides fire damage restoration efforts into five categories.
1. Mitigation Services: To secure the home and prevent additional damage, we wrap exposed pipes to avoid freezing and rusting and boarding up broken windows or doors the fire department had to force open to combat a fire. If needed, we can set up a temporary source of electricity and then install pumps to remove water and set up fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers to begin reducing the humidity level to dry out the property and lower the chance of mold infestation.
2. Structural Cleaning Services: To remove smoke residues and odors from the house, we use a combination of dry and wet cleaning methods to remove residues, various cleaning agents, and ozone generators to destroy odor particles. If we determine that a section of the wall or a furnace is not restorable, we recommend replacement.
3. Replacement: We can do the work for minor items like hanging new drywall or installing a new appliance. For significant reconstruction, our team leaders recommend engaging a licensed general contractor. Replacement is part of our Reconstruction Services.
4. Contents Cleaning Services: Our technicians begin our Contents Cleaning Services to remove residues and odors from personal property. Where possible, we attempt to clean and restore items at home. For items with heavy residues, or if the structure is unsafe or cannot be secured, we take the property to our facility for cleaning.
5. Specialty Restoration Services: If an item is precious, it needs what we define as Specialty Restoration Services. That includes artwork and high-end electronic equipment. We have dry-cleaning in this category since we do not perform this type of restoration.
Even when a fire does minor structural damage, restoration work for your home requires a professional team. SERVPRO of Montgomery has returned area homes to their pre-fire condition for over two decades. Call today at (334) 273-0992 to schedule a visit from one of our inspectors. We are here for you.